Tuesday 20 October 2015

Inspiration

A previous student, Mike Speirs, creates art which I love. His simple yet incredible intricate designs are amazing to me, really drawing the eye in. Making you want to keep exploring the pieces. Below is a link to his website which hosts a wide array of his previous arts;

 http://mikespeirsart.co.uk/


I created my own piece, inspired my Mikes work.

I added a white outline to the second version


I created the image in illustrator, using simple lines to create the over all shape then went back into the image with pattern stylised work. I then coloured it with bright neon shades.

I am overall pleased with the outcome of this piece, as it is the first I have tried with this technique. 

Things I want to change/develop about this piece in the future;
  • quality of line - practice makes perfect! Also to build more knowledge of the tools available in the illustrator programme.
  • colour theory - more research into colour theory, read books etc.
  • pattern - more research, find history behind certain symbols etc, religion/culture
  • where this could be used - on products, laser cutting, logo(?) etc.
Something I want to research into more is cultures which use certain designs/patterns on faces which symbolise certain things.





No comments:

Post a Comment