Tuesday 20 October 2015

Advertising

I have decided to branch away from typography as a main focal point and look more into advertising. It's something I have always been interested in so I thought it would make a little more sense to look further into this topic. When I say 'advertising' I mean the art side and what makes a 'good' advert.

I'm interested to look at posters in particular and also look into motion graphics in advertising (like the simple shapes Bupa advert).

Some questions I have to help me narrow down what exactly it is I want to look at;

  • How has advertising developed - How digital growth has helped/develop the advertising industry.
  • What makes a good advertisement?
  • History of advertising (traditional vs digital media) - advantages/disadvantages.
Other things I want to research further that could relate to advertising or could not (more things i'm interested in basically)

  • Ideology - a set of standards that are followed by people, government and other groups that is considered the 'norm'.
  • Different Cultures 
    • Tatto
    • Face Paint
    • Symbols - Symbolism
  • Street Art 
    • Laser Cutting
    • Spray Paint
    • Stencils
    • Posca Paint Markers
  • Posters
    • History - WW1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment