Friday 15 April 2016

Snake

The second character I wanted to create was the snake, which from Sailor Jerrys' symbolic definitions represents power and the ability to ward off evil and misfortune. Thus I believe the snake is relevant to the connotations of 'togetherness'.





Again, continuing with the same design principle as the shark design I wanted to keep the illustration cartoon like rather than super realistic. 








After playing around with some ideas in the sketchbook I came up with this illustration, I decided to use jungle vines for the frame as a lot of snaked inhabit the jungles throughout the world so it made relevant sense. 




I wasn't really sure with how the snake in the frame turned out, so I wanted to try some other designs and see how they looked. I decided to draw up the snake with a 'B' to symbolise 'better' but I'm not sure how obvious that is or if it needs to be obvious? 
I also implemented this design onto a tshirt to see how it works, again I'm not completely sure if I'm pleased with it, I think the shark design is stronger and works better. Although I want to keep pushing the snake as I would rather have more than one character through the line of work I am creating.











No comments:

Post a Comment