Monday 25 April 2016

Revisiting the Swan design

I decided to revisit the previous swan concept, as swans symbolise love, union and grace amongst other positive things. Therefor I thought a swan design would be relevant in communicating the positive imagery and message I'm trying to convey through design.

The first image is the point I got to with the concept when I originally was developing the idea, although previously the design had to no reason and relevance to what I was doing. However after finalising a meaning and reason behind my project, of projecting a positive image the swan concept became relevant. I previously used roses within the design, as roses are commonly used within the tattoo industry, although since I had used roses in the shark design I thought it would be interesting to chose a different flower within the swan design. After doing doing some research into the meanings of flowers I decided to go for Forget-me-nots as they symbolise love, which relates to the swans and the message I'm trying to convey with this particular concept, of togetherness and love.


These are a couple of concepts I came up with, with the new forget me not design and also with the ribbon banner, where the text will be. Although I felt these designs where not as strong and did not create a strong enough image I was hoping for. 



I settled on this design, making the swans more of a focal point, by being larger. I've also continued the original design style with the different line weights and use of the dotting technique to create subtle shading and depth within the concept. Although the design is quite simple I believe it is easy to understand and quickly communicates the message I'm hoping to convey to the viewer. 
I also quickly implemented the design onto a tshirt, to get an understanding of what the design could look like on apparel. I think this design works well with being centre and large on the front of the tshirt, as because it is relatively simple it still communicates well.

These images are not my own, they where taken from a google search. I will implement the image onto my own photos later.



I also created a coloured image of the swan design, using the same design style as used for the coloured shark design.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome Post,, Tattoo Tour promotes various Tattoo expos and tattoo experiences in various cities in the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete