Thursday 24 March 2016

Design can influence

In my project I really want my desings to have meaning and strike up some sort of emotion in the viewer or for them to find some connection within the design. Up untill now I have really been struggling with a reasoning behind my designs and why I'm doing them.
As I was continuing my research, specifically on how people respond to designs/products etc I realised that design can influence the consumer in quite a big way if the design is successful in communicating what the designer had planned. There for this project and in design overall can be used as a positive platform in sending and communicating out a message to the consumers. You could make positive awareness of current global issues.

  • Migrant criss/EU/Isis/War/
I don't want these issues to take centre stage within my project as I don't want it to turn into a political debate or anything too heavy, as I obviously want to concentrate on my designs and how they interact/communicate with the consumer. Also, the idea of putting these designs onto these products which get carried and/or worn by the consumer, further spreading the positive message further. This also gives a purpose to the design and further reason as to why I have decided to put the designs onto them, giving the perhaps frivolous product meaning!
I still however wish to keep the style of the design on 'trend' and follow my previous research and interest with the tattoo inspiration. As I want to continue to use the symbolisim created by Sailor Jerry, using military symbolism to signify togetherness etc. 

I want to project a message of how the world, us humans need to form more togetherness in order to get through and work past all the negative issues the world is being clouded in. We all need to work together in order to fight off the evil.



No comments:

Post a Comment