Monday 22 February 2016

Aurochs Skull Design

On my trip to the McManus I came across an Aurochs skull which I really liked the shape of and hoped to incorporate it into one of my designs. After researching the framed flash tattoo designs, that was the style I was hoping to achieve.
So using a mixture of photoshop and illustrator I came up with these designs.


I used the stipple work I have previously looked into, to help add subtle shading into the design which I think works well here and helps add slight dimension and depth without being too over powering.

I wasn't too sure about the design of the frame so below is a version without the frame but with the centre filled in.


I also implemented the design onto a phone case and a tshirt, I think the design works pretty well on the tshirt. Although it has been pointed out to me that it bares resemblance with a certain reproductive system which is something I'll probably need to look into and edit the design slightly. 

However I am overall pleased with how this design and concept has turned out and I'm now excited to get on and create further designs with a similar concept.





No comments:

Post a Comment