Monday 15 February 2016

Mandalas

As I have been researching tattoo designs, I notice the mandala design is quite a popular concept. I learnt a good technique in Illustrator on how to create them.



To help add interest to the design I used the technique of dotting used in tattoo designs to help add more tone to the design. Making the overall design more dynamic.

I also wanted to try add something other than just lines in the mandala designs, so in this design I incorporated a fly design I had seen at the mcmanus. I'm not overly pleased with how this one came out but I think if I kept playing around with it and pushed it further it would gain more interest.  


Here I have added part of the mandala design onto a skull drawing, I really like how this design came out especially the added shading I did again with the dot work. I hope to continue with the design concept and push it further, hopefully adding more elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment