Thursday 14 January 2016

Trying out new things..

Inspired by Mike Spiers, I decided to bring a range of images together, as reference to help create my own design.




I created this in Illustrator, using the pen, paint and line tool primarily to create the shapes and outlines. I wanted to keep it simple, so stuck with an off black colour as I believe black/white images come across as the most striking and effectively translate the shapes and lines.

I then added some colour to the drawing, I wanted to keep it to a low range palette with muted grey tones as the base.

I'm really pleased with how this piece came out and hope to continue to work on this style of work and develop my skills and hopefully produce more intricate designs.
I also want to look deeper into different cultures, in order for my designs to have more direction and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment