Friday 6 November 2015

Male designs

I really want to start exploring a wider range of target markets, particularly men. So I have collected a whole range of tshirt/accesory designs from a range of brands, including Topshop, Zara and River Island.
I noticed that there was three obvious groups of design;

The first group I noticed was where the design/pattern was only in one part of the garment. Either the top, bottom or to the side. This is something I have not tried yet so I am excited to implement this idea into my own work and see what happens!

The second group I discovered gave me great delight! As it appears there's a lot of traditional art being implemented into designs. It looks like a lot of paint inspired designs, along with tie die and other general paint marks you can achieve with a variety of tools. I'm not extremely excited to create markings and maybe try out tie dye and see what kind of patterns and designs I can achieve!


The last group I discovered was the obviously computer aided design. Some vector patterns along with digitally drawn images. Mainly in black and white, regarding the images but the patterns included a fair bit of colour but not too much. This is the group which I am most familiar with, so I will continue to practice work similar to this and learn from my research.


Created these moodboards has helped me look at everything at once and really get a feel of what is currently in the market for men. Particularly 18 -25.
Regarding the overall colours used throughout all the designs it is mainly;
  • blue
  • grey
  • black
  • white
  • red
  • green 



No comments:

Post a Comment